Monday 20 July 2009

well - i guess i asked for it!

Having complained about light winds recently and saying how frustrating it would be if our approach to the Azores was incredibly slow - I seem to have conjured up significant wind to take us the last 150 miles or so. At the moment we've got about 28 knots, one reef in the main and we're flying along. I saw my top sailing speed ever - 15.7 knots surfing down the back of a wave, very cool!

Position is 38 4.2N, 31 58.7W.


View Larger Map

Hopefully another 24 hours will see us ashore and having showers!!!! Yippee!!!! I've heard the "nice hair" comment (accompanied by a cheeky smirk) one too many times now!!! Not to mention, day 16 without a proper shower or washing my hair is a serious personal record, and one that I never never ever ever intend to beat... it's really awful to be honest!

My ipod is on it's last legs. I guess the almost total submerging by a salty wave a few days ago didn't help it. Being the older sister of Barry and 15 years older than Andy, all my music is seriously uncool anyway - so I'm getting no sympathy from them.

More tomorrow when hopefully we will at least be in sight of land. Come on the Azores!

PS - I forgot to mention - if anyone reading yesterdays blog was wondering what a "scrimshaw" is - we don't know either! If anyone does know, please drop me a note!

No comments:

Post a Comment