Friday 3 July 2009

Weddings, Bites and Rope Tangling Pixies

I am imagining the excitement in the Dearani household this morning as Rachael prepares for her wedding later today! Knowing Rachael she has everything well under control. I hope you have a fantastic day and best wishes from the crew of Dinah to the happy couple!

This morning I can reveal further evidence of the famous rope tangling pixie which accompanied Barry across the Atlantic. The beautifully coiled lines in the picture belong to the boat next to us ... Ours were just like that last night - honestly!!! - and take a look at them this morning. What a disgrace! Pesky pixies...

In Newport some containers that we were "storing" temporarily on the marina dock gradually eased their way towards the edge and then swan-dived into the sea, never to be seen again. Learning a lesson from that experience, and inspired by the American wild west, we have set up the "OK Water Corral" - so that we can keep our water supply off the boat until we are almost ready to depart.

Many of you will be aware of my pathalogical hatred of mosquitos... poor Alan had to participate in a nightly "mosquito patrol" in Spain before I could relax in the apartment for the evening ... so you can imagine my dismay this morning when I woke up to spy a huge juicy mosquito resting just above my head. With lightening reflexes I squished him, only to confirm that he had indeed had a nice midnight feast at our expense...

Despite having sprayed myself with repellent last night I was certain that I was about to erupt in nasty itchy bites at any moment ... but so far it appears that Barry was his unwitting victim, with several nasty bites on his leg and one on his face! We'll all be using the repellent this evening I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment