Friday 26 June 2009

Ashore in Mystic

I’ve just arrived to join Barry, Bob and Louise on board Dinah in Mystic Seaport. I’m quite excited to think about the adventure that lies ahead... tonight will be my first night on board Dinah, and I won’t sleep in a “proper” bed again until sometime in early August!!!

Thanks to the kind gentlemen of the TIP team who took me to dinner last night in Baltimore but didn’t keep me out too late, due to (or some would say in spite of!!) Steve Fratini’s map legendary map-reading skills!

Thanks also to Nik, JimM, Martin and Marie for transporting clothing in various directions across the Atlantic for me, and to Nik for setting up this blog space (have a great stag weekend!!! Can’t wait to see the photos J)

And finally for now – thanks to the kind people at Iridium who have sponsored our communications capability on board Dinah, making this blog possible.

I aim to blog every day, giving you a position report and some (hopefully interesting!) updates about our transatlantic crossing, bringing Dinah home to Cobh!

I’ll leave you for this evening with Van Morrison’s lyrics:

Hark now hear the sailors cry

Smell the sea and feel the sky

Let your soul and spirit fly, into the Mystic...

No comments:

Post a Comment